2012 has been a year of changes for me. I married my best friend, my little sister tied the knot and I gained a new brother-in-law, I became an aunt, and I fullfilled one of my dreams: I opened a home furnishings shop. Among all the positive moments, however, there were many days when I wondered when I would smile or feel happy again. Eric and I both lost our dads this year. Even when you feel self sufficient and no longer need to depend on your parents, losing a parent brings such a sense of loss, abandonment, loneliness. It has been difficult and it is something I continue to struggle with. My friends have made it easier to move forward and to laugh again. I’ve never felt more grateful and lucky to have the friends I have.
As we head into 2013, I wanted to remember the moments that made 2012 wonderful.
1. Yay! We’re married! And in Nantucket! (image c/o Henry + Mac)
2. My sister got married in my hometown, in my parents’ backyard
3. My close girlfriends threw me a beautiful bridal shower even though I said I didn’t want one. I’m lucky to have friends that don’t listen to me.
4. Our annual holiday party was SO. MUCH. FUN. We may be in our 30’s but we still know how to party.
5. Best photo of our wedding. We are so lucky to have these people in our lives. (image c/o Henry + Mac)
6. What’s a trip to North Carolina without some BOJANGLES?
7. Plastic champagne coupe tower? A necessity at all bachelorette parties…at least at mine…
8. Meet my new nephew: Michael Choun Ramos-Em.
9. What’s a trip to New England without a lobster roll? Might be the best I’ve ever had…from The Brotherhood of Thieves
10. Pre-wedding clambake. One of the most amazing nights of my life.
12. Our Friendsgiving dinner is always a highlight of the year.
Happy New Year all!