With Diner en Blanc just a few weeks away, I’ve started thinking about what to pack – to eat. Since we’ll be taking public transit/walking to the location site and it’ll probably be at least an hour before we actually get to eat, our meal needs to be tasty lukewarm or cold. I came up with two different picnic versions: 1. homemade 2. purchased from local Philly spots…
2. Crabmeat Salad Stuffed Avocados | Yum. Love the combination of crabmeat and avocado, and the way they’ve stuffed the avocado is perfect for a picnic – cuts down on tupperware/plate we need to bring.
3. Shrimp and Chorizo Sandwich | I have a friend who makes this pretty often and I love it every time. The chorizo totally makes it and gives the sandwich a tasty little kick.
4 Cherry Hand Pies | When I think of a picnic, I think of pies. But who wants to carry a pie around for all over the city? Can you imagine the mess? These hand pies, however, are the perfect solution. And they’re adorable!
1. Di Bruno Bros. Essential Sports Pack | You can get this little sampler platter from Di Bruno Bros. and its packed with so many of my favorites like cherry poppers and prosciutto. I could eat this as a meal alone (and have!).
2. Beet Salad | I used to hate beets and now can’t understand why! They have such a delicious and unique earthy flavor and are beautiful as well. This salad is light and flavorful, perfect for a summer picnic.
3. Lobster Roll | Since the lobster is served cold, this is the perfect picnic sandwich. And actually pretty affordable for a lobster roll – just $15 and it’s one of the best lobster rolls I’ve ever had.
4. Salted Caramel Budino | I don’t think I’ve talked about this dessert yet from Barbuzzo and, honestly, it’s worth its own entire post. Yes, it’s that good. If you like sweet and salty decadent desserts, this is for you. I haven’t met a person yet who hasn’t loved this. And you can get a six pack of these to go! Why haven’t I taken advantage of this yet?!